ARO Plank is a wall system composed of modular planks that assemble to create
standard patterns, yielding a continuous, acoustically
absorptive architectural finish. ARO Plank 1 has two distinct half round modules that are composed of felt-covered acoustic substrate and available in four standard configurations. The planks install quickly and easily with FilzFelt’s Interlock Mounting System and are available in over sixty colors.
The ARO Collection is an Interior Design HiP Performance Wonder award winner.
- Designer Architecture Research Office
- Content 100% Wool Design Felt + Acoustic Substrate
- Standard Configurations Plank 1.1, Plank 1.2, Plank 1.3
- Plank Thickness 3 in (76.2 mm)
- Plank Widths A (Wide): 4 1/4” (10.8 cm)
- B (Narrow): 2 1/4” (5.7 cm)
- Repeat Plank 1.1: A
- Plank 1.2: B
- Plank 1.3: AAABB
- Repeat Width Plank 1.1: 4 1/4” (10.8 cm)
- Plank 1.2: 2 1/4” (5.7 cm)
- Plank 1.3: 1’-5 1/4” (43.8 cm)
- Maximum Standard Plank Length 9’-0” (2.74 m)
- Bench Plank 1 may be oriented to form a custom bench. Pricing and details are available upon request.
- Durability Contract
- Maintenance Vacuum occasionally to remove general air-borne debris. Should soiling occur, spot clean with mild soap and lukewarm water. Avoid aggressive rubbing as this can continue the felting process and change the surface appearance of the felt. Refer to 100% Wool Design Felt Maintenance + Cleaning for detailed care instructions.
- Lead Time Made to order and certain lead times will apply
- Environmental 100% Wool Design Felt contains no formaldehyde, 100% biodegradable, 100% VOC free, no chemical irritants, and free of harmful substances
- Acoustic Substrate is 100% recyclable
- 100% Wool Design Felt contributes to LEED©
- Installation Installs with Interlock Mounting System provided (wall fasteners not included)
- Custom Custom configurations are available and lengths beyond 9’-0” (2.74 m) must be quoted
- Variation Wool felt is a natural material and color variation and inclusions of natural fiber on the surface are evidence of the 100% natural origin of the material. Product color is only indicative, as it is not possible to assure consistency of color in a natural product due to the natural color of raw wool and absorption of dyes. Color matching cannot be guaranteed on shipments and variation will be more pronounced beyond the normal commercial range.