ARO Shingle 1 is a wall system composed of individual courses that create a continuous, shingled effect when patterned across a larger surface. ARO Shingle 1 has two distinct tile profiles and the tile rows are offset to create multiple pattern readings. The tiles overlap
each other vertically and horizontally and an acoustic substrate backs each tile. The courses attach to vertical strapping with FilzFelt’s Interlock Mounting System and choose from a wide range of colors to create endless patterning with the individual shingles.
- Designer Architecture Research Office
- Content 100% Wool Design Felt + Akustika 10 Substrate
- Standard Configurations Shingle 1.1
- Shingle Thickness 1 5/8 in (41.7 mm)
- Shingle Size A: 1’-1 3/4” x 6” (35 x 15.2 cm)
- B: 1’-2” x 6” (35.7 x 15.2 cm)
- Course Height 6 in (15.2 cm)
- Course Length 9’-0” (2.74 m) – Wider widths require multiple modules
- Durability Contract
- Maintenance Vacuum occasionally to remove general air-borne debris. Should soiling occur, spot clean with mild soap and lukewarm water. Avoid aggressive rubbing as this can continue the felting process and change the surface appearance of the felt. Refer to 100% Wool Design Felt Maintenance + Cleaning for detailed care instructions.
- Lead Time Made to order and certain lead times will apply
- Environmental 100% Wool Design Felt is 100% biodegradable and Akustika 10 Substrate is 100% recyclable
- Contains no formaldehyde, 100% VOC free, no chemical irritants, and free of harmful substances
- 100% Wool Design Felt contributes to LEED©
- Installation Installs with Interlock Mounting System provided (wall screws not included)
- Variation Wool felt is a natural material and color variation and inclusions of natural fiber on the surface are evidence of the 100% natural origin of the material. Product color is only indicative, as it is not possible to assure consistency of color in a natural product due to the natural color of raw wool and absorption of dyes. Color matching cannot be guaranteed on shipments and variation will be more pronounced beyond the normal commercial range.