USD per Linear Yard
Our 3mm Wool Design Felt is available for product, furniture, fashion, and vertical surface applications. The possibilities are limitless! Wool felt is one of the oldest man-made textiles and to produce felt, raw wool undergoes a wet “felting” process, which involves matting, condensing and pressing the fibers. Design Felt is a high quality natural material, comes in highly saturated colors, and is perfect for demanding design applications. Please visit the About section for more information on the manufacturing process and unique characteristics of 100% Wool Design Felt.
Looking for small quantities? End of Bolts are available in lengths three yards or less and discounted 20% when you purchase the remaining length on a bolt. Visit our Shop for more information.
- Content 100% Merino or Karacul Wool
- Origin Germany
- Thickness 3 mm (1/8 in)
- Thickness Tolerance ±0.3 mm (±1/10 in)
- Width 180 cm (70 3/4 in)
- Width Tolerance ±4 cm (±1 3/5 in)
- Weight 840 g / m2 (48 oz / lin yd)
- Avg Bolt Length 22–25 lin m (24–27 lin yd)
- Backing None
- Primary Uses Architectural Products
- Lifestyle and Home Goods
- Wrapped Panels + Tackboards
- Durability Light contract or residential (depending on application)
- Maintenance Vacuum occasionally to remove general air-borne debris. Should soiling occur, spot clean with mild soap and lukewarm water. Avoid aggressive rubbing as this can continue the felting process and change the surface appearance of the felt. Refer to 100% Wool Design Felt Maintenance + Cleaning for detailed care instructions.
- Environmental 100% biodegradable, contains no formaldehyde, 100% VOC free, no chemical irritants, free of harmful substances
- Contributes to LEED© v4
- Custom Custom colors and custom fabrication including cutting, lamination, stitching, embroidery and installation services available
- Variation Wool felt is a natural material and color variation and inclusions of natural fiber on the surface are evidence of the 100% natural origin of the material. Product color is only indicative, as it is not possible to assure consistency of color in a natural product due to the natural color of raw wool and absorption of dyes. Color matching cannot be guaranteed on shipments and variation will be more pronounced beyond the normal commercial range.