$27.00 $64.00 USD
Scale turns the acoustic wall panel on its ear. Designed as a university project by Vanessa Busemann and Felix Zebi with German design collective, Cabs Design, this modular wall system is made from cut and folded acoustic fiber composite with 100% wool felt covering. The clever slotted design allows modules to fit together and hold securely with just the friction of the material and mounting to the wall is a snap with magnetic attachment hardware. The acoustically effective, three-dimensional modules come in two sizes plus 62 colorways of wool felt to create customizable patterning that’s not just another pretty face.
- Designer Vanessa Busemann and Felix Zebi for Cabs Design
- Construction 100% Wool Design Felt + Akustika 10 Substrate
- Standard Sizes Small Scale: 5 1/2” x 5 11/16” (14 x 14.5 cm) Modules
- Large Scale: 11 1/8” x 11 7/16” (28.3 x 29 cm) Modules
- Durability Contract or residential
- Maintenance Vacuum occasionally to remove general air-borne debris. Should soiling occur, spot clean with mild soap and lukewarm water. Avoid aggressive rubbing as this can continue the felting process and change the surface appearance of the felt. Refer to 100% Wool Design Felt Maintenance + Cleaning for detailed care instructions.
- Lead Time Made to order and certain lead times will apply
- Environmental 100% Wool Design Felt is 100% biodegradable and Akustika 10 Substrate is 100% recyclable
- Contains no formaldehyde, 100% VOC free, no chemical irritants, and free of harmful substances, Oeko-Tex© Standard 100 Certified Product Class II
- 100% Wool Design Felt contributes to LEED©
- Installation Modules attach to vertical surfaces using magnetic attachment hardware provided. Sufficient hardware will be provided for square or rectangular shapes and additional hardware is available for purchase for irregular or asymmetric shapes. Pins are available for purchase to reinforce connection and ceiling installations must be quoted.
- Variation Wool felt is a natural material and color variation and inclusions of natural fiber on the surface are evidence of the 100% natural origin of the material. Product color is only indicative, as it is not possible to assure consistency of color in a natural product due to the natural color of raw wool and absorption of dyes. Color matching cannot be guaranteed on shipments and variation will be more pronounced beyond the normal commercial range.